So you would like to be a Sysop? That's great! It's wonderful to have people want to help! Unfortunately not just anyone will be accepted. People required need to be responsible, friendly, mature, level headed, and non-confrontational. If this sounds exactly like you then you're halfway there already!
Pointers to becoming a SYSOP:
- Don't ask! Bugging the owner of Yaba, or other Sysop's will earn you negative points. Generally those who ask are not the sort of people chosen.
- Prove your ability to handle the position correctly in your daily use of the site. Generally this means following the Community Guidelines and the Chat Rules.
- Be patient. If you're new to Yaba don't expect to be asked to be a SYSOP right away. We want to get to know you first.
- Get to know the existing SYSOP's. After all, as a SYSOP you are expected to get along with all the existing SYSOP's.
- Spend time in the chat. SYSOP's are expected to frequent the chat rooms more than occasionally.
- Last of all, help make Yaba a fun place to be and enjoy your time here. Being involved, uploading cool content, writing in your blog, chatting and inviting new members are key to being a useful member of the team.
I'm ready, what do I do next? Just wait! When SYSOP's are needed they will be looked for. If you look to be a good candidate then you will be asked if you want the position. In short, the people who do their best to make Yaba an enjoyable place without the SYSOP position will be the first ones chosen to be a SYSOP.